DIY drink decorations with chocolate wrappers
Upcycled decorations for cool summer drinks
Lisa Reck | itsprettynice.com
22 April 2021
Creativity is the flavour of the month. If you love upcycling and enjoy crafting, why not have a go at transforming our artistic chocolate wrappers into a stylish drink decoration to adorn your next round of cool summer drinks? They look great and are truly one-of-a-kind...
What you need for your DIY drink decorations:
· Some bars of Edizione Classica VIVANI chocolate (with paper wrappers), e.g. Fine Dark Peppermint
· Hole punch or eyelet punch
· Paper straw
· Double-sided tape
Instructions (see photos):
01. The pretty straw decoration is really quick and easy to make. First, cut some squares out of the paper (approx. 7 x 7 cm). Fold the squares like you would a fan.
02. Once you have your folded strip of paper, cut a small triangle out of each end. Then use a hole punch or eyelet punch to cut a hole above the tip of both triangles.
03. Fold the strips in half and tape together with double-sided tape.
04. For the final step, simply tape your new mini work of art to a straw – your DIY drink decoration is ready!
Tip: Decorate the straw to suit the drink, e.g. VIVANI Fine Dark Peppermint with a non-alcoholic Mojito (lime cordial, mineral water and fresh mint leaves).